Blood Collection Tube (BCT) for cfDNA and CTCs
As healthy and diseased tissue interact with the bloodstream, they release both cellular and genetic material into the circulation. These materials are referred to as “cell-free” DNA (cfDNA), and circulating tumor cells (CTCs). Conventional blood collection tubes contain only anti-coagulants, designed to prevent blood clotting. Over time, and without stabilization, nucleated blood cells lyse and release their genetic components into the blood. As a result, levels of cfDNA increase, which can prevent the detection and quantification of abnormal genetic material (i.e., circulating tumor DNA).
CEE-Sure™ BCT utilizes patented technology (Patent US9040255) that improves cell capture in a microchannel, inhibiting cell clumping and clogging of microfluidic devices. The blood collection tube is designed to prevent blood coagulation and preserve cells from lysing due to age or transport conditions. CEE-Sure™ allows for room temperature shipment of whole blood for nucleated cell isolation and cfDNA detection.
- Tube content stabilizes cellular and genetic content including cfDNA and CTCs
- Ambient temperature stability – no cold pack or ice necessary for shipping
Prevents blood coagulation
- Clinically effective in thousands of tests as part of Laboratory Developed
- Tests analyzing both cfDNA and CTCs
See the CEE-Sure™ BCT Difference
- Tube Volume 8.0 ml nominal liquid capacity
- Tube Type Glass
- Shelf Life 24 months
- Storage Temperature 18°C – 25°C
- Shipping Temperature 15°C – 30°C
- Specimen Stability CTCs: Up to 4 days; Nucleic Acid: Up to 8 days