Clinical Laboratory Scientist – CLS Molecular (Full-time position)
Biocept, Inc. is a molecular oncology diagnostics company specializing in Circulating Tumor Cells (CTCs), cf DNA (cell free DNA) and biomarker analysis, headquartered in San Diego, California.
We are currently recruiting for clinical laboratory scientists to join our CLIA laboratory. Both full-time and part-time positions are available. Responsibilities include performing all approved laboratory procedures in designated areas. Prior experience in a high complexity CLIA laboratory performing molecular assays (DNA/RNA extractions, PCR, NGS -next-generation sequencing-) is required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Follows laboratory protocol and procedures. Maintains safe work habits and keeps work areas clean.
2. Participates in Quality Control and Proficiency Testing programs to meet regulatory and accreditation standards.
3. Works quickly and efficiently with meticulous accuracy to ensure the seamless and timely generation of patient results and reporting.
4. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Requires a BS Degree in Medical Technology or a Major Science (Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Physics or Biochemistry).
• CA CLS License
• For CA CLS Generalist or Molecular : Graduation from a CA approved Medical Technology training program or at least 6 months of hospital or laboratory experience performing high complexity testing as a CLS.
• Red/green color discrimination is required for CLS’s performing FISH analysis duties.
• Strong interpersonal/communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with a variety of personnel including scientific, commercial and operational staff.
• Superb attention to detail.
• Must be a strong team player and be customer service oriented.
• Proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to adhere to timelines.
• Intermediate computer skills with the following programs: MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
Interested parties shall submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fill out our online application.
The Company’s policy is to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, and to comply with applicable laws and regulations. All employment decisions will be consistent with the principle of equal employment opportunity, and competitive salary and benefit packages are available for qualified candidates.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside staffing agencies. If you have a candidate to present, please contact our human resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org.